Finnair and sustainable aviation fuel producer Gevo have signed
a new agreement in which the carrier has agreed to purchase 7 million gallons
of SAF per year for five years, Gevo announced Tuesday. Deliveries of the SAF
are expected to begin in 2027. The agreement is valued at about $192 million
over the five-year period, according to Gevo.
Finnair is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance, and
this agreement falls within the framework of a memorandum of understanding that
and Gevo signed in March 2022 for the member airlines to purchase up to 200
million gallons of SAF beginning in 2027 for a five-year term, according to
Gevo. The SAF producer also earlier this month signed an SAF
agreement with Japan Airlines, another Oneworld member.
The agreement with Finnair is subject to certain conditions,
including Gevo developing, financing and constructing one or more production
facilities to produce the SAF, according to Gevo.
- JetBlue Offers Second Revised Takeover Proposal
- ARC: April Average U.S. Airfare Highest in Seven Years
- Largest U.S. Carriers Top April On-Time Rankings
- Travelport Adds Features, Launches AA NDC Content in N. America
- Cvent Secures Credit Deal for ‘Strategic Growth’