Liverpool will likely be without Roberto Firmino for the Merseyside derby against Everton on Sunday.
The Brazilian is suffering from a foot injury and missed the 4-0 win over Manchester United last weekend.
Firmino’s entire season has been impacted by a series of injury problems as he has made just nine starts in the Premier League and 16 in all competitions.
Luckily for Jurgen Klopp, he has an attacking roster which is brimming with talent and needs to select a front three from Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota.
Jota has been pushing for a start for a while now and could come back into the XI at the expense of Diaz, who might be given a rest ahead of Liverpool’s Champions League semi-final clash against Villarreal this midweek.
With the games coming thick and fast at the business end of the season, Klopp may rotate things a bit.
That could mean a start for Ibrahima Konate in defence and Naby Keita in midfield.
Alisson will start in goal behind a potential back four of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Virgil van Dijk and Andy Robertson.
Like Diaz, Thiago might be rested for the Champions League which would allow Keita to come in.
In attack, Jota should slot into the centre-forward role with Mane on the left and Salah on the right.
Potential Liverpool XI v Everton
- Liverpool vs Villarreal (2-0) Apr 27, 2022 Match Preview and Stats
- Newcastle vs Liverpool (0-1) Apr 30, 2022 Match Preview and Stats
- Liverpool vs Tottenham (1-1) May 7, 2022 Match Preview and Stats
- Liverpool vs Man Utd (4-0) Apr 19, 2022 Match Preview and Stats
- Chelsea vs Liverpool (0-0) May 14, 2022 Match Preview and Stats